Prescription drugs are the usual ways adults deal with anxiety disorders. The issue with anti-anxiety medication is that they don’t really solve the real problem, but only provide symptomatic relief. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
If you are on certain anti-anxiety medication, it is important to know that it isn’t the only option available. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. This tea helps you relax your body and ease your mind. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. The sedative components in the tea brings you to a relaxed frame of mind.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. Tryptophan is related to serotonin, a chemical that helps the brain deal with anxiety. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. They contain potassium, a chemical substance that lowers blood pressure. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. They are anxiety busters. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Research has shown that aside from its other health benefits turmeric can help ease symptoms of depression and anxiety. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) Organ meats such as liver are also rich in vitamin B. Serotonin production is done by methylation which requires sufficient amount of vitamin B in the body.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.